For anyone who wants to give LiftTicket a spin:
Download it from www.github.com/dchenbecker/LiftTicket
Extract it into a directory and open a command prompt or shell there
mvn -Dorg.liftticket.config.masterpass=xxx jetty:run
Open a browser to http://localhost:8080/config/initial and enter your password
(what you wrote for xxx above).
Navigate to User Administration and create a user with full permisions.
Terminate jetty
mvn jetty:run
Login as that user and set up all your settings

There doesn't seem to be a way to configure default permissions.

-------------------------------------
David Pollak<feeder.of.the.be...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 11:12 AM, Naftoli Gugenheim <naftoli...@gmail.com>wrote:

> I think it would be a *major* wasted opportunity not to invest in
> LiftTicket.

I agree.

> It would be an excellent real life showcase of Lift. And of course it
> wouldn't make sense to switch to Assembla only temporarily.
> In addition, after all the work Derek put into it, it would be sad not to
> use it.

I agree.

> Derek said that it's pretty near functional. G-d willing I will try to
> download it today and see where it's holding, and see if I can move it
> forward. David, what features does Assembla have that you would like to see
> in LiftTicket (or even if Assembla doesn't)?

This is pretty compelling:

http://www.assembla.com/spaces/clojure/tickets?batch=false&tickets_report_id=1&ticket_id=

As is:

http://www.assembla.com/spaces/tickets/metrics/b4-TTcvBSr3RAZeJe5aVNr

Being able to plan and in other ways communicate among the committers as
well as with the community is very powerful.

> In any case once it's basically usable we can start using it, and add
> features along the way.

I'm all for that!

> Also, importing tickets from GitHub should be a matter of a trivial scala
> script.
>

> -------------------------------------
> Jeppe Nejsum Madsen<je...@ingolfs.dk> wrote:
>
> David Pollak <feeder.of.the.be...@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Folks,
> >
> > We switched to GitHub's ticketing system a bunch of months ago and, well,
> > it's not making the grade.  It's slow.  It's limited (no unclosing
> tickets,
> > no attachments, weak discussion capaibilities).  It doesn't allow easy
> > planning/prioritization.
> >
> > I'd like to switch to something more powerful.  Derek was working on
> > LiftTicket.  I'd like to use that, but don't know the state of the
> project.
> > Alternatively, we could use Assembla's ticketing system.
> >
> > Does anyone have thoughts/input on the issue?
>
> We're using Assembla.  Seems to work fine for our small shop. It has a
> lot of features that we don't use but which I think could be handy for
> Lift.
>
> Have a look at the clojure space to see how it may look for an OSS
> project.
>
> Also, it seems (haven't tried) that it's possible to import tickets:
>
> http://i1t2b3.com/2009/08/26/how-to-import-tickets-assembla/
>
> /Jeppe

Surf the harmonics