Also another logging-related problem that I sometimes have is that if an ajax
call throws an exception, nothing is shown in the container logs. I can only
see the stacktrace when I open up the ajax call's response in firebug. This
sometimes takes time to figure out as at first it seems that clicking the
button/link does nothing :).

Although I haven't yet searched Boot to see where I can set ajax logging, I
think that by default such exceptions should be logged.

Adam

On Jan 28, 2010, at 12:19 PM, Jeppe Nejsum Madsen wrote:

> aw <anth...@whitford.com> writes:
>
>> One thing that bugs me is how all the logging comes from one logger:
>> lift [Slf4jLogger.scala:110]
>> As a result, you don't have the granularity to adjust just
>> org.liftweb.http or org.liftweb.mapper, for example.
>
> Indeed. That is one of the things I would try to remedy
>
> http://github.com/dpp/liftweb/issues/#issue/310
>

>> I liked your suggestion about adding a Logging trait:
>> http://groups.google.com/group/liftweb/browse_thread/thread/6aa012b673946242/b51747a0009ebae2?lnk=gst&q=LOGGER#b51747a0009ebae2I'm
>>  thinking this would be a nice addition to the framework.
>
> I agree. I've created a ticket to track these changes:
>
> http://github.com/dpp/liftweb/issues/#issue/309
>
> /Jeppe

Adam Warski
http://www.warski.org