I want to set a node attribute in the template markup exactly like it
is done in example 7.13 from the Lift Book. I'll paste it here:

// the markup
<lift:Ledger.balance> <ledger:time ledger:id="myId"/>
</lift:Ledger.balance>

// The snippet class
class Ledger { def balance (content : NodeSeq ) : NodeSeq = {
bind ("ledger", content, "time" -> <span>{(new
java.util.Date).toString}</span>)

Unfortunately I can't get it to work. Is there something I have to set/
enable to get this feature working? I'm using Lift 1.1-M8

Thanks,
Chris