On 5 February 2010 05:00, philip <philip14...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I downloaded the git source and made a OSGi jar package by running the
> maven, now what do I do with it?
>
> I see its a jar file with the manifest for OSGi, I guess I can load it
> into Apache Felix, but doesn't Liftweb need tomcat or jetty to run? So
> I don't really understand how its going to run.

I've also puzzled over this.  I've figured out that you can point
pax-runner at the hello.composite file.

I'd love to see a tutorial on how experienced OSGI developers set up
their the development environment, and how they work the
edit/compile/redeploy cycle.  It's very obvious for mvn jetty:run
(just wait for the scanner, or use JavaRebel).  It's not so obvious
how people work with OSGI containers.  The best I've figured is to use
the pax assembly: stuff to point at target classes, and run "update
<bundle-id>" for each edit/compile cycle - it's a bit clunky.

Any offers/suggestions?  (Sorry, I realise the question more about
OSGI than lift)

Martin