Migration complete!

Please DO NOT use GitHub Issue tracking facility anymore.
Use http://www.assembla.com/spaces/liftweb/tickets instead.

Cheers, Indrajit

On 04/02/10 2:05 AM, David Pollak wrote:
Folks,

On today's committer call, we made the final decision to move the Lift
ticketing system from GitHub to Assembla.  We made the decision to move
ticketing systems because the current GitHub ticket system, while
visually pretty, is slow, lacks support for ordinal ordering (bug
priority, milestone dates, etc.), is difficult to use for more than 40
open tickets, doesn't allow attachments, etc.

I personally would have preferred to move to a home-grown system built
on top of Derek's LiftTicket system.  Unfortunately, we did not find a
prime maintainer (owner) for enhancing LiftTicket code.... someone who
could evolve the code into something similar to Trac or other systems.
If Derek winds up having more time or if someone else shows long term
dedication to LiftTicket, the choice of moving to LiftTicket remains open.

I vetoed Trac because it's got a horrid UI.

Assembla has a nice ticketing system (it's used by the Akka and Clojure
teams and well regarded by both teams.)

Over the next week, we'll be migrating from the GitHub ticket system to
Assembla: https://liftweb.assembla.com/spaces/liftweb/tickets  Specifically:

    * Indrajit will spearhead the migration of existing tickets to the
      new system
    * For the committers, I will invite you to join the project via
      Assembla's invitation system
    * For the community, please start opening tickets at Assembla.  Once
      we get our existing tickets moved over, we'll disable the GitHub
      ticketing system.

One of the side benefits of the new system is that we'll relax the
"discuss the defect on the list first" policy as the Assembla ticketing
system allows for a more robust mechanism for changing the state of tickets.

Thanks,

David

Surf the harmonics