How would Lift include it? You only download lift via maven -- until you type
that command you don't have lift for it to include it.
Is clicking a link to download a shell script easier than copy-pasting the
command?
Besides, just use eclipse with m2eclipse. :)

-------------------------------------
mjy<myanni...@gmail.com> wrote:

Posting here even though it's not really a "support" issue:

I've just begun reading the "getting started" guide and
tripped over this minor(?) inconsistency: I like the principle of
having sane defaults and <quote>you don’t need to write anything that
isn’t explicitly necessary for the task at hand</quote>. But then I
saw the Maven stanza required to build a skeleton project (repeated
further down in that document):

mvn archetype:generate -U \
 -DarchetypeGroupId=net.liftweb \
 -DarchetypeArtifactId=lift-archetype-blank \
 -DarchetypeVersion=1.0 \
 -DremoteRepositories=http://scala-tools.org/repo-releases \
 -DgroupId=demo.helloworld \
 -DartifactId=helloworld \
 -Dversion=1.0-SNAPSHOT

Why doesn't Lift include some wrapper for Maven that
hides this ugliness? I'm sure that a lot of people would appreciate
it...

 Marinos