On 10/02/10 2:20 PM, Jeppe Nejsum Madsen wrote:
Naftoli Gugenheim<naftoli...@gmail.com>  writes:

Does this mean I'm not up to date? Or were the tests not updated with the
change to logging?

No change has been made to logging yet (unless I did some git mistake,
not impossible :-)

I don't think either :)

But I think this is caused by the fact that lift-webkit includes
slf4j-simple as test dependency as well as jwebunit-htmlunit-plugin
which in turn includes slf4j-log4j12 causing two slf4j logging backends
to be included. This seems like bad packaging of jwebunit (the mistake
we'll try to avoid in #309 :-)

Yes, just figured. We have to do some dependency exclusion circus to clean things. Naftoli, feel free to open a ticket and assign it to me.

In general I think some of the dependencies need cleanup (ie lift-openid
includes Spring!) and once #309 is done (after M2) we can cleanup the
logging dependencies (ie remove commons-logging)

Very good point! Post M2, we need to put some effort in cleaning up things. Yes, the project descriptors would end up being uglier. But that's less important than shoving in a world of redundant dependencies during the build (of both Lift proper and the dependent applications).

/Jeppe

When building Lift I get

  T E S T S
Running net.liftweb.webapptest.ToHeadUsagesTest
SLF4J: Class path contains multiple SLF4J bindings.
SLF4J: Found binding in
[jar:file:/C:/Users/Naftoli/.m2/repository/org/slf4j/slf4j-simple/1.5.10/slf4j-simple-1.5.10.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]
SLF4J: Found binding in
[jar:file:/C:/Users/Naftoli/.m2/repository/org/slf4j/slf4j-log4j12/1.5.0/slf4j-log4j12-1.5.0.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]
SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#multiple_bindings for an
explanation.
0 [main] INFO org.mortbay.log - Logging to
org.slf4j.impl.SimpleLogger(org.mortbay.log) via org.mortbay.log.Slf4jLog
94 [main] INFO org.mortbay.log - jetty-6.1.22
468 [main] INFO org.mortbay.log - NO JSP Support for /, did not find
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet
151189 [main] INFO org.mortbay.log - Started socketconnec...@0.0.0.0:8989
(com.gargoylesoftware.htmlunit.WebClient).