Mads Hartmann <mads...@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello everyone
>
> I can't quite figure out how to deploy my lift app and was hoping one
> of you could point me in the right direction. For  fun i uploaded my
> entire project (uncompiled) to the server and ran mvn jetty:run - this
> worked fine but as soon as i killed my ssh connection the jetty server
> stopped.
>
> I would be very grateful for a bullet-point explanation of the process
> - I understand you can create a .war file and deploy that but I can't
> seem to figure out how - maybe it's because I'm a bit slow today :)

Assuming you have full control of your server: The container (Jetty)
should be installed on the server and integrated with the server
startup/shutdown cycle.

Then (locally)

mvn package

to create the war file. Move the war file to the server's app dir (eg
/usr/share/jetty6/webapps)

While a bit dated, here's how you can automate all of these steps
(including bootstrapping the server :-)

http://jeppenejsum.wordpress.com/2009/05/03/ec2-continuous-deployment-hello-world/

/Jeppe