On Mar 6, 7:28 pm, David Pollak <feeder.of.the.be...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Another failing of Rails is the community.  The Rails community is a
> significant detractor to adoption outside of the young hip kids.

The rails community is a significant detractor to adoption even among
young hip kids. . . I hope I'm not the only one disgusted by the
response to the whole porn star fiasco.

> is a huge selling point on its own.  Especially when the time to get started
> with Lift is less than a day and the time to get started with Rails is about
> a day.

As a reality check here, I saw several people at SnapCamp use up more
than half of the first day just trying to get a Lift hello world
running in their development environment, never mind understanding the
basics of the framework.  People at work had been writing lift code
for a couple months and were still uncertain about when to use
stateful snippets, session vars,  request vars, or just setting vars
from closures.  I'm not going to claim to have any empirical
comparisons to rails, but my recollection from the 5 year old rails
book was that it made it pretty obvious where things went and how to
do things.

Enabling people who are interested in decent documentation to fix
minor issues that have been repeatedly identified is a far cry from
overpromoting too early or acting like rock stars.