The scaladocs of WithResourceId snippet looks like this:

/**
 * Adds a resource id entity for each URI in order to control browser
caching.
 * The rules of creating "unique" URI's are defined in
LiftRules.attachResourceId function.
 *
 * <pre>
 * &lt;lift:with-resource-id>
 *   &lt;link ... />
 *   &lt;script ... />
 * &lt;/lift:with-resource-id>
 * </pre>
 */

By default  LiftRules.attachResourceId attaches a random query string
to the URI-s (This is a quantity unique per application lifetime on a
single JVM). You can of course register your own function and define
your own behavior of how the resources (script and link) are modeled
to control caching.