Now I had a bit of time to check it, and you are right it is possible to
implement helm like narrowing engine or almost any other highly
sophisticated Emacs extensions, with a lot of work. So I have a conandrum...
For my current workflow and mindset Emacs is way more powerful, then
vanilla Lighttable (even with current plugins), but it is fundamentally
deprecated.
It has serious problem with multi threading, while Clojure  (Therefore
Lighttable, I guess) is extremely good with threading.
It has character based GUI, while Lighttable uses Webkit, which can
graphically present almost everything.
Emacs Lisp is many parsec far behind from Clojure.

Emacs has a far better ecosystem. (No wonder it is one of the oldest
software, which is still in use)
Emacs is much more keyboard oriented, by default.
Emacs has way better UI philosophy, no tabs, no file or other dialogs,
instead you press a specific hotkey and type what you want. Much faster and
efficient, harder to learn, but worth it.

If I stick with Emacs chances are it will become obsolete in 5-10 years (my
guess), if I switch to Lighttable I will lose a lot from my productivity,
and I have to spend a  bunch of time to redesign its UI, and implement
helm, projectile, tramp like features, in the end I will have a better
editor, but when?