Thank you for the quick update.

I'm afraid this merge still is not correct. I've only looked at
debian/changelog, and see that the entry for 2.0.2-1 has vanished. This
is unlike the previous merge - take a look at the changelog entries for
2.0.1-2ubuntu1 and the 2.0.1-2 before it in the source currently in
Zesty for example. I suggest that you look again at how to do an Ubuntu
merge.

In addition, in debian/changelog:

You've noted "add budgie-lightdm-theme to break/replaces" under the
heading "Remaining changes" but this is a new change, not one carried
over from the previous delta, isn't it?

There's extra trailing whitespace on line 27

There's a tab/space whitespace inconsistency at the start of line 7

I did not proceed beyond looking at debian/changelog.

I'd be happy to take you through how to do a merge if you wish, but I
don't think it will be very productive for you to continue submitting
things by guessing. Please engage us on IRC or on the mailing list.

On the server team we use some new tooling and documentation (still at
the experimental stage) that uses git to do Ubuntu merges. If you'd like
to try that process, I'd be happy to take you through it. See
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel/2014-August/038418.html
and https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuDevelopment/Merging/GitWorkflow if
you'd like to know more.

Alternatively I'd also be happy to take you through this the traditional
way (by hand), just get in touch.

Unsubscribing ~ubuntu-sponsors again for now.

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of LightDM
Gtk+ Greeter Development Team, which is subscribed to lightdm-gtk-

Title:
  Ubuntu Budgie shows debian wallpaper due to greeter recommendation /
  lightdm-gtk-greeter does not compile

Status in budgie-artwork package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress
Status in lightdm-gtk-greeter package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  Ubuntu Budgie, like Xubuntu uses lightdm-gtk-greeter as its default
  greeter.

  However, due to the recommendation of "debian-base" in debian/control,
  we show all the debian wallapers in that package.  Very confusing for
  users.

  Please can this be changed to a "Suggests:" instead?

  Note - I originally asked this Q on Debian, but they declined saying
  its a downstream issue

   - https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=850328

  I was going to attach a debdiff for the change, but the current source
  for lightdm-gtk-greeter zesty does not compile under zesty due to
  lightDM API changes.  Was the package simply copied from Xenial?
  Which begs the question - how on earth does the greeter actually work
  under zesty if the API has changed!