New question #667968 on LightDM GTK+ Greeter:
https://answers.launchpad.net/lightdm-gtk-greeter/+question/667968

After upgrading to ubuntu 18.04 bionic (Beta) my greeter background image
doesn't change based on the username any more.
/var/lib/AccountsService/users/myuser contains the user's current background
and it's readable by lightdm.

 [User]
 XSession=ubuntu
 Background=/usr/share/backgrounds/Green_Island_by_Radu_Galan.jpg
 Icon=/usr/share/pixmaps/faces/bicycle.jpg
 SystemAccount=false

Is anyone else seeing this? I don't see any change in the
lightdm-gtk-greeter/greeterbackground.c that might affect this.
I did a clean install of the OS and saw the same thing.
This gets logged in seat0-greeter.log:

Reading file: /usr/share/lightdm/lightdm-gtk-greeter.conf.d/01_ubuntu.conf

[greeter]
#background=/usr/share/backgrounds/warty-final-ubuntu.png
theme-name=Ambiance
icon-theme-name=LoginIcons
font-name=Ubuntu 11
xft-antialias=true
xft-dpi=96
xft-hintstyle=slight
xft-rgba=rgb
indicators=~host;~spacer;~session;~language;~a11y;~clock;~power;
clock-format=%d %b, %H:%M
user-background=true

And those other settings to get respected.

Let me know if I need to share anything more to clarify my question.

--
You received this question notification because your team LightDM Gtk+
Greeter Development Team is an answer contact for LightDM GTK+ Greeter.