Hi all,
I am wondering how Eclair and c-lightning is handling the following case, as I
wasn’t able to derive exactly how to handle it from the BOLTs. If it is
described somewhere, please point me to it, if not, let’s agree on a strategy,
and get it in :)
Let's say Alice is the funder of the channel (meaning she is paying all fees)
between Alice and Bob. She wants to add an HTLC, and has just enough balance
available for the HTLC + the extra fee for adding it to the commitment
transaction. At the same time Bob wants to add an HTLC, and sees that Alice has
enough balance to be able to pay the fee for receiving this HTLC (add it to her
commitment tx).
They both send the AddHTLC at the same time, thinking Alice has enough balance
available, but she doesn't have enough to cover her own HTLC+fee, in addition
to the fee for adding Bob's. Adding both the HTLCs to her commitment
transaction will either 1) violate the channel reserve requirement, or 2)
deplete her channel completely if the channel reserve is set to 0.
What is the expected way of handling this case, from both Alice and Bob’s point
of view?
Cheers, Johan