> I suppose the use-case here is that the payee uses many TOR addresses with
> only one LN node.
Yes. Use different TOR addresses for things you want to keep separated.
Any TOR address you advertise for channel connections is so widely
shared through gossiping that you can in practice consider such an
address to be the same identity as your peer ID. For the payer/payee
communication (BOLT 12, and other interfaces such as a website) you
should *not* use the same TOR address if you want that activity to
remain unlinked from your node ID. You could use another TOR address, or
any other pseudonymous communication method.

Depending on the transport layer you use (TOR or something else) you end
up with a different type of URL. I think for now it's good enough to
support TCP and TOR.

Another use case could be to use partial onion routes for payments in
the opposite direction. This is, for instance, to refund a payer who
wishes to remain anonymous. The original payee has an URL (can be TOR
hidden service, or even regular TCP), and the original payer connects to
this (using TOR or another anonymizing medium). The original payer can
then remain anonymous by sending an invoice for the refund that uses a
partial onion route on LN. In this use case, the purpose is to keep the
original payer anonymous (not reveal the node ID), not to keep the
original payee anonymous.

CJP