I tend to agree it’s just a matter of proposing a Payment Method. However there
are various ways to go about it, e.g. what you suggest, but browsers might also
get built-in wallets or there might a multi-currency abstraction on top of
everything. It’s probably not ideal if we end up with multiple Payment Methods
or one that pushes a single approach.

I left a few comments on the working group Github:
https://github.com/w3c/webpayments/issues/232
<https://github.com/w3c/webpayments/issues/232>

Sjors