Good morning dev-lightning community,

Last weekend, I had the opportunity to take part in "LightningHackdayNYC". It
was an incredible event, thanks to all organizers, to all speakers and all
people available to share all own knowledge.
Discussing with the people of the community, I could define better the problem
that I'm focusing on and have some ideas for the solution.
I've created a project on GitHub:
https://github.com/margheritafav/LightningNetworkProject , where you could find
a draft of my research, and also you are welcome to add your comments and
feedback.

To recap, the aim of the project is realizing a recovering protocol for
Lightning Network. As someone suggested me in the previous e-mails, Eltoo is
already solving this problem in part. With Eltoo, the nodes are able to share
the last status of the channel, so if one of the two nodes loses some
information, it can simply ask to the other node to share the most recent
status. Unfortunately, this mechanism doesn't include the case that the other
node doesn't share the last transaction, but instead an older one, more
favourable for own balance. My project aims to solve this particular issue and
make the protocol more solid to face completely the case of a false positive
node.

Idea: The main idea of the design is using the other connected nodes as a
back-up of own recent status.
If a node A is connected to a node B and a node C, for each transaction between
A and B, A sends an encrypted information, regarding the last commitment
transaction with B, to C. For each commitment transaction with C, A sends an
encrypted information, regarding the last commitment transaction with C, to B.
In this way, if A loses the last transactions, she may ask the information to
the other connected node and update the status.

I think that this idea can solve the current lack in Eltoo and I'm planning to
analyze more this solution in the next days. Any thoughts/suggestions are
really appreciated to proceed in the wisest way and find a solution that can
also cover all your needs. If someone of you is interested in this research,
I'm available to share more details about the design of my idea and I'm open to
discussion. Moreover, if someone is already working on this research topic,
please not hesitate to write me for possible collaborations to work together.

Thank you in advance,
Margherita Favaretto