Hi ZmnSCPxj,

I suppose some variant of that proposal might mitigate the attack, but it would trigger a race condition between the valid state of the sub-factory and the new state of the channel.

Also, as you said, Alice and Bob might be interested in stealing anyways from Carol, regardless of losing the race, if the stolen funds are more.

Best,

Alejandro.