Hi ZmnSCPxj and Stepan,

Thanks for all the feedback!

I think doing encrypt-then-mac on chunks of the data would be a great
addition for users to be able to authenticate that they received the
intended data.

> Any node on the route of the payment knows the preimage and can decrypt
the data. It would be nice to tune the protocol in a way that only the
buyer can decrypt the data. For example we could use something like this:

Is this not covered by sending over the pre-image encrypted data over a
secure channel such as HTTPS? If anyone along the route who learns the
pre-image does intercept the message with the encrypted data, that data
will already be encrypted for the intended recipient right?

> Perhaps we can add Lightning Application Protocol Proposals (LAPP)
repository somewhere.

I agree that it would be awesome if there was a good place to put these
kinds of proposals on a git repository someplace!

And finally in reply to all things about trusting the data provider, this
proposal is intended for use cases in which a data provider is trusted (for
example, DLC oracle signatures). Of course it would be super interesting if
there was any way to do this with any kind of validation on the encrypted
data before payment.

Best,
Nadav