It was pointed out to me[1] at thelightningconference.com that it's often
a legal requirement to list the vendor on a receipt.  It also makes
perfect sense.

It can be done in the description field, but that's really supposed to
be a description of the *items*.  Dividing it also lets wallets have
much better UX.

The spec change itself is genuinely trivial:

 * `v` (12): `data_length` variable.  Optional name of vendor/supplier (UTF-8).

Feedback from wallets and vendors appreciatedg!
Rusty.
PS.  Pull req at https://github.com/lightningnetwork/lightning-rfc/pull/694,
     but I realize that can be intimidating, hence this mail.

[1] I'd like to credit this properly, but I was jetlagged and having way
    too much fun.  Please claim if this was your idea :)