Good morning LL,

> > I suspect part of the proof-of-discrete-log-equivalance can be gated as
> > well by a ZKCP on payment point+scalar the proof is provided only on
> > payment.
> > The selling node operator does not even need to reveal `z`.
>
> Actually no -- the fact that you were able to create a secure conditional
> payment for the proof would always prove the proof existed.
> You wouldn't need to pay for the proof then!

That depends on the proof.

For example, one pay-for-proof scheme would be somebody to provide you an `(R,
S)` for a public key `P = p * G`,  where `S = s * G` (i.e. a signature, or a
proof that you know `p` where `P = p * G`), and it would not prove anything
until you pay for the scalar `s` and the prover can provide `s`, since `S` is
computable from public information that anyone can have.
So it really depends on what you want to prove; a mere ZKCP is not always
enough.

Regards,
ZmnSCPxj

PS I am dabbling in BTRFS now though, so ---