The suggested idea I was replying to is to make all dust TXs invalid by
some nodes. I suggested a compromise by keeping them in secondary storage
for full nodes, and in a separate Merkle Tree for bridge servers.
-In bridge servers they won't increase any worstcase, on the contrary this
will enhance the performance even if slightly.
-In full nodes, and since they will usually appear in clusters, they will
be fetched rarely (either by a dust sweeping action, or a malicious
attacker)
In both cases as a batch
-To not exhaust the node with DoS(as the reply mentioned)one may think of
uploading the whole dust partition if they were called more than certain
threshold (say more than 1 Tx in a block)
-and then keep them there for "a while", but as a separate partition too to
exclude them from any caching mechanism after that block.
-The "while" could be a tuned parameter.
-Take care that the more dust is sweeped, the less dust to remain in the
UTXO set; as users are already much dis-incentivised to create more.
.
Thanks for allowing the reply