Good morning again x-raid,

Are you proposing as well to provide the hardware and Internet connection for
these boxes?

I know of one person at least who runs a node that tracks the C-Lightning
master (I think they do a nightly build?), and I run a node that I update every
release of C-Lightning (and runs CLBOSS as well).
I do not know the actual implementations of what they connect to, but LND is
very popular on the network and LNBIG is known to be an LND shop, and LNBIG is
so pervasive that nearly every long-lived forwarding node has at least one
channel with *some* LNBIG node.
I consider this "good enough" in practice to catch interop bugs, but some
interop bugs are deeper than just direct node-to-node communications.
For example, we had bugs in our interop with LND `keysend` before, by my memory.

Regards,
ZmnSCPxj