> On Jun 28, 2022, at 19:11, Peter Todd <p...@petertodd.org> wrote:
>
> Idle question: would it be worthwhile to allow people to opt-in to their
> payments happening more slowly for privacy? At the very least it'd be fine if
> payments done by automation for rebalancing, etc. happened slowly.

Yea, actually, I think that’d be a really cool idea. Obviously you don’t want
to hold onto an HTLC for much longer than you have to or you’re DoS’ing
yourself using up channel capacity, but most channels spend the vast majority
of their time with zero HTLCs, so waiting a second instead of 100ms to batch
seems totally reasonable.