Hi Michael,

Thanks for the feedback,

On the first point, I think it should be underscored how much this proposed
credential system, while labeled a reputational one, belongs more to a
monetary strategy (after the fact should be called "staking" credentials).
Indeed, there is a direct link between the credentials and a cost expressed
in satoshis. Therefore, in case of loopholes in the system damages are
effectively borne by the routing hops, without throwing the whole system
down. Note, the default policy should be some 0-risk HTLC forward
acceptance.

On the second point, we already have today's reputation systems in
Lightning, namely the routing algorithms keeping track of the performance
of the routing hops, and their liquidity. That information is used in a
continuous fashion to improve payment-path building. And while those
algorithms are doing probabilistic estimation of the balance distribution,
the proposed credential system is not all relying on past statistics for
its effectiveness (as long as the node operators are requiring credentials
of worthiness equivalent to routing fees).

On the third point, the protocol defer to the node operators all the
decisions on the credential acquisition costs, expiration height, binding
with liquidity units, or even allow additional routing policy checks.
Flexibility is offered to the node operators, without the protocol
developers trying to do any "centralized" decision on the cost of the
credentials or whatever.

>From my understanding, the critics you're raising, while potentially
correct for the reputation systems links you're including, does not bind to
any concrete point of my proposal. I hope you'll take time to browse the
proposal as detailed more in depth here:
https://github.com/lightning/bolts/pull/1043

Best,
Antoine