Hey Z-man, Antoine,

Thank you for your feedback, responses inline.

z-man:

> Then if I participate in a batched splice, I can disrupt the batched
> splice by broadcasting the old state and somehow convincing miners to
> confirm it before the batched splice.

Correct, I didn't mention it in my post but batched splices cannot use
0-conf, the transaction must be confirmed to remove the risk of double
spends using commit txs associated with the previous funding tx.

But interestingly, with the protocol I drafted, the LSP can finalize and
broadcast the batched splice transaction while users are offline. With a
bit of luck, when the users reconnect, that transaction will already be
confirmed so it will "feel 0-conf".

Also, we need a mechanism like the one you describe when we detect that
a splice transaction has been double-spent. But this isn't specific to
batched transactions, 2-party splice transactions can also be double
spent by either participant. So we need that mechanism anyway? The spec
doesn't have a way of aborting a splice after exchanging signatures, but
you can always do it as an RBF operation (which actually just does a
completely different splice). This is what Greg mentioned in his answer.

> part of the splice proposal is that while a channel is being spliced,
> it should not be spliced again, which your proposal seems to violate.

The spec doesn't require that, I'm not sure what made you think that.
While a channel is being spliced, it can definitely be spliced again as
an RBF attempt (this is actually a very important feature), which double
spends the other unconfirmed splice attempts.

ariard:

> It is uncertain to me if secure fee-bumping, even with future
> mechanisms like package relay and nversion=3, is robust enough for
> multi-party transactions and covenant-enable constructions under usual
> risk models.

I'm not entirely sure why you're bringing this up in this context...
I agree that we most likely cannot use RBF on those batched transactions
we will need to rely on CPFP and potentially package relay. But why is
it different from non-multi-party transactions here?

> See test here:

https://github.com/ariard/bitcoin/commit/19d61fa8cf22a5050b51c4005603f43d72f1efcf

I'd argue that this is quite different from the standard replacement
cycling attack, because in this protocol wallet users can only
unilaterally double-spend with a commit tx, on which they cannot set
the feerate. The only participant that can "easily" double-spend is
the exchange, and they wouldn't have an incentive to here, users are
only withdrawing funds, there's no opportunity of stealing funds?

Thanks,
Bastien