> Simple protocols are ideal -- easier implementation, less bugs, less
> attack surface, etc.

I couldn't agree more! Let's keep complexity for the cases where it's
really necessary and brings enough value. I don't think CLTVs in this
case bring enough value to make up for the additional complexity.

> I think Keagan's idea of streaming lease fees makes a lot of sense
> here -- it's an ongoing incentive to keep the channel open.

I agree, and it could be as simple as having the seller publish a bolt
12 offer with recurrence in their liquidity ads. The buyer can then
regularly pay that offer through the standard bolt 12 flow, and the
seller would take that into account in its analysis of whether to keep
the channel open or not, and potentially add more liquidity.

This can even be done in two phases. We can deploy a very simple version
of liquidity ads without any CLTV or recurring payments attached, and in
a second step, once bolt 12 is widely deployed, add an optional bolt 12
offer to liquidity ads rates.

Thanks,
Bastien