Enhance the -dpreview method for SVG output

Issue 5165

Using SVG, the -dpreview option
has a limitation of only
outputting the first line.

This is a first attempt to merge the
dump-page and dump-preview methods
so that there is an option for
cropping pages that are not just
previews.

http://codereview.appspot.com/326960043

---

** [issues:#5165] [Feature Request]: More flexible SVG snippet cropping**

**Status:** Started
**Created:** Wed Jul 26, 2017 02:56 PM UTC by pkx166h
**Last Updated:** Thu Jul 27, 2017 07:17 AM UTC
**Owner:** nobody

I might have posted my request to the wrong mailing list. The original
message is below, but is not quite relevant with some new developments.

I have found the -dpreview option, but has a big limitation as it only
outputs the first line.

Looking through the code, my feature seems like in between the two existing
methods dump-page and dump-preview, found in scm/framework-svg.scm. The
little stumbling block is how both methods are invoked
separately: output-framework or output-preview-framework, both supplying
different arguments, the main difference being "stensil" that is required
for calculating the viewbox, but is not in dump-page.

Would it be possible for the two methods to be merged, so that there's an
option for cropping on pages that are not just previews (and on multi-page
scores)? (Or if a third method could be made...)

If someone could add this feature, it would be very useful for my work, and
for Lilypond's prominence on Wikipedia.

Cordially,

Étienne Beaulé

---

Sent from sourceforge.net because testlilyissues-a...@lists.sourceforge.net is
subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/

To unsubscribe from further messages, a project admin can change settings at
https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/admin/issues/options.  Or, if this is
a mailing list, you can unsubscribe from the mailing list.