Diff:

~~~~

- **status**: Accepted --> Started
- **assigned_to**: Torsten Hämmerle
- **Needs**:  -->
- **Patch**:  -->
- **Comment**:

Triple flats/sharps may be exotic (to say the least), but there's no reason at
all why LilyPond shouldn't be able to handle them.
In user discussion thread
http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/fisisis-impossible-tt210764.html this
issue has been brought up (again)...

* new accidental glyphs triplesharp and  tripleflat (or flatflatflat? - no, not
really...)
* define new constants TRIPLE-FLAT and TRIPLE-SHARP
* add new glyphs to alteration-glyph alist
* new note names in all the languages (sigh...)
* tbd

The chords generated in \chordmode may look over-engineered and one might
consider using enharmonic spellings, but currently (without triple
accidentals), the output will be plain and simply wrong: without*any*
accidental.

Work started.

---

** [issues:#3356] add triple flats/sharps**

**Status:** Started
**Created:** Wed May 08, 2013 12:47 PM UTC by Anonymous
**Last Updated:** Wed May 08, 2013 12:47 PM UTC
**Owner:** Torsten Hämmerle

*Originally created by:* *anonymous

*Originally created by:*
[ma...@gregoriana.sk](http://code.google.com/u/115654380521671109360/)

Originaly reported by Marc Hohl on -devel:
[http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2013-05/msg00029.html](http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2013-05/msg00029.html)

Hello list,
yesterday I stubled upon a problem with chord transposition.

We had a jazz tune in c major with an a-flat:dim7 chord.

When transposing this tune to e-flat major, lilypond complains
about a missing triple flat and prints a c-flat minor 6/b5
instead \(which is enharmonically correct, but ugly to read\).

\score \{
  \new ChordNames \{
    \chordmode \{
       as1:dim7
       \transpose c es as:dim7
    \}
  \}
\}

Should we raise an issue for this on the tracker?
Regards, Marc

---

Sent from sourceforge.net because testlilyissues-a...@lists.sourceforge.net is
subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/

To unsubscribe from further messages, a project admin can change settings at
https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/admin/issues/options.  Or, if this is
a mailing list, you can unsubscribe from the mailing list.