Étienne, I'm trying to verify your patch. Sorry if this happens after such a
long time, but we could not have a release for a long time...

I'll open a new issue as I think the manuals should be  updated, for example
this page:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.21/Documentation/notation/extracting-fragments-of-music.html

where only PDF and PNG are listed as possible formats besides EPS.

Now my question is: how can I verify your patch?
I first tried the `-dclip-systems` option with the following snippet:

~~~~
\version "2.21.0"

{
  c2 d |
  f1 |
  d4 e f g |
  a2 a4. a8 |
}

\layout {
  clip-regions
  = #(list
      (cons
       (make-rhythmic-location 2 1 1)
       (make-rhythmic-location 4 1 8)))
}
~~~~

but the generated SVG fragment is incorrect, while PDF fragment is correct.
Find attached both output files.

Attachments:

-
[clip-from-2.1.1-to-4.1.8-clip.pdf](https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/_discuss/thread/1be35cf5/602d/attachment/clip-from-2.1.1-to-4.1.8-clip.pdf)
 (12.2 kB; application/pdf)
-
[clip-from-2.1.1-to-4.1.8-clip.eps](https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/_discuss/thread/1be35cf5/602d/attachment/clip-from-2.1.1-to-4.1.8-clip.eps)
 (154.3 kB; image/x-eps)
-
[clip-from-2.1.1-to-4.1.8-clip.svg](https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/_discuss/thread/1be35cf5/602d/attachment/clip-from-2.1.1-to-4.1.8-clip.svg)
 (13.0 kB; image/svg+xml)

---

** [issues:#1164] SVG backend: add system-by-system output**

**Status:** Fixed
**Labels:** Fixed_2_21_0
**Created:** Thu Jul 01, 2010 09:05 PM UTC by Anonymous
**Last Updated:** Fri Aug 24, 2018 03:49 PM UTC
**Owner:** Étienne Beaulé

http://codereview.appspot.com/323440043

*Originally created by:* [pnor...@gmail.com]

It would be nice to have system-by-system output for the SVG backend, much like
the EPS backend.

This requires the implementation of an "output-classic-framework".

---

Sent from sourceforge.net because testlilyissues-a...@lists.sourceforge.net is
subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/

To unsubscribe from further messages, a project admin can change settings at
https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/admin/issues/options.  Or, if this is
a mailing list, you can unsubscribe from the mailing list.