Folks,

I really appreciate that `make doc' doesn't flood the console.
However, right now I see a long line calling lilypond-book.py which
sits there for already more than 15 minutes without any progress
indicator at all.  This is perhaps too extreme and suitable only to
the supercomputers some of us apparently have at home :-)

Wouldn't it be possible, similar to automake, that the name of the
currently processed file gets written to stdout, and that this
behaviour is the default?  In case the names are meaningless, a simple

  1/1023
  2/1023
  3/1023

would also suffice as a progress indicator.

    Werner