Hey all,

I've received a couple e-mails from colleagues and one nudge from Valentin
about:

http://concours.afim-asso.org/

I've been reticent about applying because the development community is rather
diffuse and there isn't any good way to accept the prize money if we win.
However, after having received now two e-mails from people who I respect a lot
in the French computer music community, I think it'd be a good idea and that we
should let institutional barriers stop us from applying.

I'm OK with writing up the application (due the 29th) but before I do, people
would need to agree on where the prize money would go if we won.  My two
thoughts are:

1) Use it internally on projects (i.e. we'd all agree that person X would get
paid Z euros to do thing Y) in which case there'd have to be a money shepherd.
I'd rather not do this, but I can if no one else wants to.
2) Donate it to GNU.

I'd be good to set a precedent for this now so that LilyPond can apply to other
software competitions in the future.

Cheers,
MS

P.S. Sorry for the last-minuteness of this e-mail: I had sent it from
m...@mikesolomon.org and it didn't go through.  I'll have to change e-mail
addresses on the list...