On Nov 30, 2013, at 10:58 PM, Janek Warchoł <janek.lilyp...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2013/11/30 Mike Solomon <m...@mikesolomon.org>:
>> I would argue that the point that Janek brings up above is not a healthy
>> sign for LilyPond development.
>> Several developers, including myself, have lowered their participation
>> considerably over the past two years.
>
> Maybe i should ask the question "why are you less active?".  But i
> don't want to be overly inquiring; i assume that your job and family
> simply takes so much time that you cannot do LilyPond work.
>
> Janek

Nothing to do with either of those - after a series of difficult conversations
on the developer list, I informed the community that I’d be taking time off the
project:

http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/Re-stencil-integral-use-box-extents-specified-in-markup-issue-3255-issue-9295044-td149952.html

This was about a patch that ultimately made its way into the code base
(a6efcfa82dae01859f0d6d3bbfbaaa6f2eeb8a9c, modified and pushed by Keith
O’Hara).  I made this decision after having asked several times to keep the
communication between developers cordial and collegial.

Insofar as I do not believe I am the only person who has run into this issue, I
think this is a hindrance to LilyPond development that needs to be addressed by
the community.

Cheers,
MS

P.S. I changed the subject of this thread because I am now addressing a
different issue.  I do not want this message to be construed in any way as an
advisement against supporting David being paid for his valuable and essential
contributions to LilyPond.