Karl O. Pinc wrote Tuesday, March 22, 2016 3:47 AM

Hi Karl

> I'd like an account in the lilypond issue tracker.

Happy to add you to the Issue Tracker as a Member.
That allows you to comment on Issues without moderation.
That's the way to start.

You'll need to post or send me your SourceForge Username
so I can set that up.

> I'm thinking about someday contributing to lilypond
> in the area of harp related notation.  I'd probably
> start with the fingering notation.

Great!  The first step is to post specific issues that
you have identified to the bug list:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-lilypond/
for discussion and to have an Issue created.

Or to comment on existing issues.

> [snip]
>
> I've no idea if I'll every get around to contributing
> but am reading through the developer docs and it
> can't hurt to get setup for it.  FWIW I've done
> FOSS development work with FOSS tools.

When you are ready to contribute to a specific Issue,
post a patch to the bug list.

The first few patches are usually sheparded through the
system by one of the Devs before you are elevated to
Developer status.

Trevor