On 2018/04/08 17:08:42, Dan Eble wrote:
Is there a performance difference between these two scripts?  I read
quickly
through the thread referenced in the ticket, but I couldn't find the
answer.

I don’t know; I’m not even sure whether \haydnturn should be played as
\mordent or as \turn. The 1972 Henle edition of the piano sonatas writes
“The sign [\haydnturn] usually signifies [d32 c b c4]. In an appropriate
musical context, however, it can be performed as a mordent [c16 b c4]”.

After looking through different editions of some piano sonatas on IMSLP
I’ve got the impression that nobody knows exactly. I’ve seen \trill and
\prall in the same place, \prall and \mordent, \mordent and \haydnturn,
\mordent and \turn, \prall and \reverseturn, \turn and \reverseturn, …
But no \slashturn. I added the latter because it’s a form seen in SMuFL
and here:
http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/Requesting-an-addition-tp139819p139974.html

https://codereview.appspot.com/340660043/