----- Original Message ----- From: "Thomas Morley" <thomasmorle...@gmail.com>
To: "Phil Holmes" <m...@philholmes.net>
Cc: "David Kastrup" <d...@gnu.org>; "lilypond-devel" <lilypond-devel@gnu.org>
Sent: Friday, October 12, 2018 3:35 PM
Subject: Re: 2.20 plans.

Am Fr., 12. Okt. 2018 um 16:13 Uhr schrieb Phil Holmes <m...@philholmes.net>:

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Kastrup" <d...@gnu.org>
To: <lilypond-devel@gnu.org>
Sent: Monday, October 08, 2018 4:35 PM
Subject: 2.20 plans.

> Hi,
>
> I don't think there is much of a point in delaying more.  I've recently
> made another run through patches that should be in 2.20 and pushed to
> stable/2.20 branch.
>
> I think further integration work is as likely to destabilize as to
> stabilize stuff (if I not already did so), so the plan is to have
> a) let Phil release 2.19.83 as soon as he wants
> b) release 2.20.0 from that state (with a few cherry-picks on top) > about
> a week after the last urgent "stop the presses" call.  Those would
> involve synching up documentation and bug fixes so obviously important
> that one would rather see them in than give them some time for testing.
>
> This will be followed (as soon as the state of download/web pages and
> Phil's resources permit) with releasing 2.21.0 to get an unstable
> version to refer to.
>
> --
> David Kastrup

I'm getting a bizarre problem with 2.20. I did my updates to VERSION, news,
etc. and ran a make to check all was OK.  It failed being unable to find
Documentation/pt/. If I ls in a terminal, the directory is not shown. If I look with Nautilus it's there. I know it's been deleted in master, but not
in stable/2.20 and I really can't see why it should be there in the file
viewer but not via terminal.

Anyone any idea??

--
Phil Holmes

I have no problems to see and to access it:

hermann@kasten ~/lilypond-git (master)$ git checkout remotes/origin/stable/2.20
Checking out files: 100% (886/886), done.
Note: checking out 'remotes/origin/stable/2.20'.

You are in 'detached HEAD' state. You can look around, make experimental
changes and commit them, and you can discard any commits you make in this
state without impacting any branches by performing another checkout.

If you want to create a new branch to retain commits you create, you may
do so (now or later) by using -b with the checkout command again. Example:

 git checkout -b <new-branch-name>

HEAD is now at ab3d2f7a26 Bump version
hermann@kasten ~/lilypond-git ((ab3d2f7a26...))$ cd Documentation/pt/
hermann@kasten ~/lilypond-git/Documentation/pt ((ab3d2f7a26...))$ ls
GNUmakefile macros.itexi search-box.ihtml translations.itexi web web.texi

Sorry to be of not more help,
 Harm

It was of help. It made me look harder and I found that it was actually reporting that build/Documentation/pt/ was missing. Which it is. The Documentation/pt/ directory is definitely missing from master but is present in stable/2.20. I guess that someone has deleted references to it and so it's not getting copied into the build tree? How do we find out which commit deleted the directory in git?

--
Phil Holmes