Han-Wen Nienhuys <hanw...@gmail.com> writes:

> On Wed, Mar 25, 2020 at 7:40 PM Carl Sorensen <c_soren...@byu.edu> wrote:
>>
>> We don't push until the status becomes Push.  Countdown is a last
>> chance for reviewers to comment.
>
> Sorry, I saw Valentin had pushed his, so I assumed this was OK.

But it was an issue by someone else.  Pushing changes of someone else
prematurely when they have not explicitly asked for it bereaves even the
original author of the ability to reconsider.

It's somewhat different taking that responsibility for changes by
oneself in circumstances warranting expedited action (like when other
important changes depend on it).

But doing so without updating issue status and without giving some
feedback with regard to the reasons for urgency is, if nothing else,
quite impolite towards the people who have to pick up the bits
afterwards and sort them into place.

--
David Kastrup