Am Montag, den 22.06.2020, 16:44 -0700 schrieb Owen Lamb:
> Thanks, everyone! It looks like jsoncpp should work well for LilyPond.
>
> I don't have experience with adding files from one project to another.
> Jonas, is this "Amalgamated" procedure what you were describing?
> https://github.com/open-source-parsers/jsoncpp/wiki/Amalgamated-(Possibly-outdated)

Yes, that's what I did a few years back. I think there used to be
amalgamated versions of the releases, not sure if they vanished or I'm
just mistaken. In any case, I'd recommend using version 1.8.4; 1.9.x
will eventually lead to version 2.0, but the developers are not there
yet.

> If so, when instructions say to add the generated files to one's project,
> does that mean to just copy them into the lilypond-git directory somewhere?

Pretty much that, yes.

> Where would be a good place to put them?

No clue. Historically, that sounds like a job for flower/, but I'm not
a fan of the current split between flower/ and lily/. Please get
opinions from other developers that have been involved longer than me.

Regards
Jonas