On Tue, Jun 23, 2020 at 6:36 PM Pierre Perol-Schneider <
pierre.schneider.pa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Paolo,
> See: http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=1023
> Cheers,
> PIerre

Hi Pierre,

I already saw your workaround but, as said in the previous email, it has
unwanted side effects.
The first one is that no pedal is produced in the midi file. The second one
is that the SustainPedal API is skipped, and this leads to messy code.
A hidden *real* sustain pedal could be added to your functions (so that the
midi file includes it), but this would lead to more huge and messy code.

A this point:

1) I gently ask Harm (is Harm the snippet's maintainer ? ) to update the
snippet at least by adding a warning (--> something like "no midi is
produced")

2) Considering that a Pedal cautionary is *essential* in *every* serious
score, I really encourage the developers to fix this in the development
branch. I forward this post to the devel ml.

Hope this thread will not be wasted and hope to obtain feedback.

Thank you all!

Best,