On Tue, Jun 23, 2020 at 2:04 PM Jonas Hahnfeld <hah...@hahnjo.de> wrote:

> Am Dienstag, den 23.06.2020, 20:54 +0200 schrieb Jean Abou Samra:
> > Hi,
<snip>
> > Actually, I think the while Status family of scoped labels will no longer
> > need to exist. Status::Fixed and Status::Verified are replaced as above.
> > In addition, assigning issues should replace Status::Started (this provides
> > an additional piece information, the person who started working).
> > Status::Duplicate
> > and Status::Invalid should be moved to Type (we already have a
> > Type::Invalid). One
> > remaining question is about the difference between Status::New and
> > Status::Accepted.
> > I don't really know what should be done about it.
>
> Never understood the difference between Started and Accepted either.
> But removing them requires a bit more thought than that.
>
> Jonas
>

>From the Contributors' Guide:

Open issues:

New: the item was added by a non-member, despite numerous warnings not
to do this. Should be reviewed by a member of the Bug Squad.
Accepted: the Bug Squad added it, or reviewed the item.
Started: a contributor is working on a fix. Owner should change to be
this contributor.

Closed issues:

Invalid: issue should not have been added in the current state.
Duplicate: issue already exists in the tracker.
Fixed: a contributor claims to have fixed the bug. The Bug Squad
should check the fix with the next official binary release (not by
compiling the source from git). Owner should be set to that
contributor.
Verified: Bug Squad has confirmed that the issue is closed. This means
that nobody should ever need look at the report again – if there is
any information in the issue that should be kept, open a new issue for
that info.

HTH,

Carl