On Mon, Jan 22, 2024 at 3:58 PM Jean Abou Samra <j...@abou-samra.fr> wrote:

> Le lundi 22 janvier 2024 à 21:10 +0000, Werner LEMBERG a écrit :
> > > >
> > OK, thanks.  This means that there is apparently a macOS-specific
> > problem with either Guile or LilyPond.  For testing purposes I renamed
> > one of my local fonts to something containing Katakana, and my
> > self-compiled LilyPond binary could load this font without any glitch.
> >
> > Jean, Jonas, any idea how to proceed?
>

> Carl, please check that
>
> build/out/bin/lilypond input/regression/pdf-copy-paste.ly

Looks like no error:

carl@Carls-MBP-2 lilypond % build/out/bin/lilypond input/regression/
pdf-copy-paste.ly

GNU LilyPond 2.25.13 (running Guile 3.0)

Processing `input/regression/pdf-copy-paste.ly'

Parsing...

Finding the ideal number of pages...

Fitting music on 1 page...

Drawing systems...

Converting to `pdf-copy-paste.pdf'...
Success: compilation successfully completed

So it appears to me that there may be something with texidoc that is
generating the error.

On  Werner's earlier email, he indicated there may be a problem with tidy.
I've gone ahead and installed tidy from MacPorts, and will try redoing
'make test' again.

> gives the same error, then run
>
> build/out/bin/lilypond -ddebug-eval input/regression/pdf-copy-paste.ly
>
> so we have a more precise error location.
>
> Also send the output of the `locale` command.

carl@carls-mbp-2 Fonts % locale

LANG="en_US.UTF-8"

LC_COLLATE="en_US.UTF-8"

LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"