On 05/05/2024 08:17, jsmcwill...@gmail.com wrote:
I enclose a snippet illustrating two problems I am trying to resolve in a piece containing a melody followed by a Trio section:

 1. There is a key signature change before going into the Trio and I
    cannot get the cautionary signature, which normally

occurs at the end of a line, to show up properly. The background staff is missing.

 2. I want to have a indentation at the beginning of the Trio matching
    the indentation seen at the beginning of the piece.

1. By adding a short spacer rest after the key signature.

2. By putting the sections into two scores with an indented first line.

\version "2.24.0"

\header {
  title = "Shortened Lines"
  composer = "John McWilliam"
  copyright = "Kopierad av John McWilliam. PMRS 2024"
}

clarinet = \relative c'' {
  \key f \major
  \numericTimeSignature
  \time 2/4

   bes'8 -\f  bes8  bes8  bes8 | % 2
   bes8  bes8  bes8  bes8 | % 3
   a4 -> -\<  bes4 -> | % 4
   a8 -. -\! r8 r8  d,16 -\p  cis16 | %5

  \bar "||"
  \key es \major \grace s4
  \once \omit Score.BarLine
  \once \override Score.JumpScript.X-offset = #4
  \once \override Score.JumpScript.Y-offset = #-6
  \jump \markup \huge "D.S. al Fine poi Trio"
}

% Continue on new line but with indent matching the above and if possible with the section heading TRIO in
% that space:

trio = \relative c'' {
  \section
  \sectionLabel \markup \bold "Trio"