Daniel Ashton wrote:

Two more:

1) Is there a command to typeset the dim. (for diminuendo) marking?

In lilypond 1.7.12 (with the patch provided two days ago on this mailing-list), I am using \dim... I don't know for lily 1.6.5. (make a grep in ly directory ?)

2) Do I really need \endcresc ? Is there not some way to just say that the next note (or the current note, even) should have the word cresc. (or dim.) coincident with its stem?

If I understand well your question, a -#'(italic "cresc.") attached to a note name, would do the job...

Alex.