Stan Mulder <st45882wz <at> earthlink.net> writes:

> I'm getting errors that I cannot fix after upgrading to 2.19.19. These
> errors seem to show that lily is not recognizing my english pitch names like
> "eflat" even though I've included english.ly near the top of the file.

At version 2.19.16, the name changed from 'eflat' to 'e-flat'
The convert-ly program will change existing files for you.
I first saw it suggested here
<https://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=4076#c20>

If it was a bad idea to change, say why at bug-lilyp...@gnu.org.
I'm not sure myself: the '-' is awkard to type, but easier to read,
and we have short forms like 'ef' for faster typing.