I got it to work in \lyricmode now, but it still won't work in the \markup
section.

If I do it like you say below, I just get the code printed in the lyrics. If I
end the string before \override and start a new one after "köñiglichen", it
works, but then I get line breaks around "königlichen". Adding \markup doesn't
improve things either.

What exactly do "\override #'(word-space . 0)" and "\tied-lyric" do? When using
"\override #'(word-space . 0)" inside a \lyricmode expression, "~" won't create
a lyric tie (with a blank) anymore, but just literally print "~". I have to
explicitly use \tied-lyric then.

Tobias