> Peter Crighton <petecrigh...@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I have defined a function \ringOn which adds a tweaked TextSpanner. The
> > resulting dashed line has different dash sizes in a Staff and a TabStaff,
> > due to Staff.StaffSymbol.staff-space being set to #1.5 in a TabStaff.
> > How can I make the dashed lines exactly the same size in both Staff and
> > TabStaff?
> >

> > \version "2.19.15"
> >
> > ringOn = \tweak TextSpanner.dash-fraction #0.3
> >          \tweak TextSpanner.dash-period #1
> >          \tweak TextSpanner.bound-details.left.padding #0
> >          \tweak TextSpanner.bound-details.left-broken.padding #0.5
> >          \tweak TextSpanner.bound-details.left.text \markup {
> >            \lower #0.6 \small \italic "let ring "
> >          }
> >          \tweak TextSpanner.bound-details.right.padding #-0.7
> >          \tweak TextSpanner.bound-details.right-broken.padding #0
> >          \tweak TextSpanner.bound-details.right.text \markup {
> >            \draw-line #'(0 . -0.4)
> >          }
> >          \tweak TextSpanner.bound-details.right-broken.text ##f
> >          \startTextSpan
>
> Any reason you specify TextSpanner for every tweak?

Probably no other than that I usually like to use overrides and forgot to
remove TextSpanner in the tweaks.

> At any rate, you can just scale back again if you don't want this:

Thanks, that’s exactly what I was looking for!

> I'm not sure about the rationale behind that choice of LilyPond.  It's
> hard to imagine any dashed line you'd want scaled according to staff
> space by default.

Also, thanks to Pierre for your workaround, although I don’t need it now.

--
Peter Crighton | Musician & Music Engraver based in Mainz, Germany
http://www.petercrighton.de