>  Nathan,
> Thanks for the pointer.
> Bill
>

> On 15-06-21 10:56 PM, Nathan Ho wrote:
>
>  On Sun, Jun 21, 2015 at 4:27 PM, William Marchant <wmarch...@eastlink.ca>
> wrote:
>
>>  Using the \chordmode function,  when I enter "a:m7.5-"  I get as shown
>> in the documentation.
>>
>> The guitarist in our group would very much like to stay with the notation
>> he is used to.  Namely  .
>>

>  Hi William,
>
>  Have a look at
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/notation/displaying-chords#customizing-chord-names,
> which contains all the info you'll need for customizing the chord name
> system.
>
>  Regards,
> Nathan
>
> Hi William,

Nathan already pointed you to the documented way how to customize chord
names.

Though,  "a:m7.5-" is already part of 'ignatzekExceptions'. You can
ofcourse put it in your own wish. If you want _exactly_ the same output as
for default-chords you will have some difficulties to adjust it.

Better to remove the settings for chords like "a:m7.5-" from
'ignatzekExceptions':

chExceptions =
#(remove
  (lambda (e)
   (equal?
    (car e)
    (cdr (event-chord-pitches #{ <c' ees' ges' bes'> #}))))
  ignatzekExceptions)

\new ChordNames
\chordmode {
    \set chordNameExceptions = #chExceptions
    a:m5-.7
    a:m5-.7
}

or for one-time-use, set 'chordNameExceptions' to an empty list:

\new ChordNames
\chordmode {
    \once \set chordNameExceptions = #'()
    a:m5-.7