On 8/31/2015 1:33 PM, Steve Lacy [via Lilypond] wrote:
> I found this fascinating:
>
> http://homes.soic.indiana.edu/donbyrd/InterestingMusicNotation.html
>
> I wonder if anyone here (or elsewhere) has tried to engrave some of
> these, even as musical fragments?  I'm sure it would be an eye-opening
> process. :)

Here's Schumann's quadruple-dotted passage (arguably one of the easiest
ones there):

When engraved with 2.18.2, it had a problem with the third and fourth
measures, compacting the horizontal space of very last notes between
staves so they ended up lining up when they are not to be played at the
same musical moment. Any of the latest unstable versions worked without
a hitch. Only a few manual direction overrides were necessary on a few
beams/slurs to recreate the original. I couldn't resist using the Haydn
stylesheet :-)

The triple-sharp snippet should be possible by extending the note-names
to include them (by default, the lists only extends to double-flats/sharps).

The floating clef snippet can be created by following the instructions
in this snippet in the LSR: http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=326

The hidden triplet markings is a piece of cake by using \omit
TupletNumber right before the desired starting point.

- Abraham

cegbeffc.png (102K)
<http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/attachment/180522/0/cegbeffc.png>