Hello Jacques,

Ref.: "How did you actually install it from the .tar.bz2 archive?"

I opened it with Keka, later I tried with Rar-7zExtractor.
Half an hour ago I had a go at it again, opening it with  Archive Utility.app
(In System/Library/CoreServices) and that worked.

So my problem seems to be solved. Though I have no idea why different
extractors yield different results.

Thanks for your help anway.

Best regards,
Robert Blackstone