On 15 January 2016 at 07:07, Carl-Henrik Buschmann <chbuschm...@mac.com>
wrote:

> I'm working on a lead sheet but being a novice i'm hitting my head against
> the wall at some noob problems.
>
> Bar 1)
> Stemlets. Do it have to be this hard creating them? Is there a way to make
> it global? Also, i want the stemlet to reach down towards the rest. How?
> How do i make custom rehersal marks?
> When using \markup { ... } the whole score looses it layout and to add
> insult it does not display any text. I must have done something wrong.

1) Stemlets: why do you want to write them like this? Normal quavers are
fine

2) use \mark "A", not \markup "A"

> Bar 8)
> Why does the double barline not exend equaly through both staffs?

You've made the lower staff smaller with   \magnifyStaff #5/7, so its
barline will be a different size too.  I've had this with instrumentname
recently (answered on here, it's by design)

> Bar 37)
> Why does it not show a double bar line?

I think that's because there's a double bar in the Volta section following,
but I'll concede that's unexpected.

> And finally: I feel my score is a mess. How can i clean up/simplify my
> input?

I'd split it into separate files, and pull them together in a master .ly
file using the
    /include "music.ily"
command.

I also think barlines on separate lines helps.

So rather than

a4 b c d |
e f g a |

instead

a4 b c d

e f g a

You can also label bar numbers with comments:

a4 b c d
| %1
e f g a
| %2

but this gets tiresome after a while.

> Also, inputing this takes alot of time considering how long use on
> inputing this in Sibelius (added as pfd). What can i do to speed this up?
> Help and encouragement is much obliged.

Well, you need to get fast at your keyboard skills and touch-typing! I
think Lilypond is much faster than manual entry in Sibelius -- using a MIDI
keyboard may be faster but it's also more prone to errors if you're trying
quantized direct music entry.

Chris